- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
Women mirror past team
A tale of two seasons with one ending still to be written: the women’s basketball team is in the thick of the NEC playoff race, currently sitting in the No. 4 slot with a record of 12-9 [9-3 NEC]. Last season at this time, the women had a similarly equal record at 10-7 [6-4 NEC].
This year, the team’s leading scorer, Krystal Pressley is averaging 18.1 PPG, and is No. 3 in the league in scoring. Last season, the ‘Cats were led by senior standout Ashlee Kelly and her 18.6 PPG.
The similarities continue but most critics thought this team would be dwelling somewhere near the bottom of the league instead of challenging for the league crown.