- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Women mirror past team
A tale of two seasons with one ending still to be written: the women’s basketball team is in the thick of the NEC playoff race, currently sitting in the No. 4 slot with a record of 12-9 [9-3 NEC]. Last season at this time, the women had a similarly equal record at 10-7 [6-4 NEC].
This year, the team’s leading scorer, Krystal Pressley is averaging 18.1 PPG, and is No. 3 in the league in scoring. Last season, the ‘Cats were led by senior standout Ashlee Kelly and her 18.6 PPG.
The similarities continue but most critics thought this team would be dwelling somewhere near the bottom of the league instead of challenging for the league crown.