- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Women mirror past team
A tale of two seasons with one ending still to be written: the women’s basketball team is in the thick of the NEC playoff race, currently sitting in the No. 4 slot with a record of 12-9 [9-3 NEC]. Last season at this time, the women had a similarly equal record at 10-7 [6-4 NEC].
This year, the team’s leading scorer, Krystal Pressley is averaging 18.1 PPG, and is No. 3 in the league in scoring. Last season, the ‘Cats were led by senior standout Ashlee Kelly and her 18.6 PPG.
The similarities continue but most critics thought this team would be dwelling somewhere near the bottom of the league instead of challenging for the league crown.