- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Junior dies in snowmobile crash
A 20-year-old legal studies major died early Sunday morning after the snowmobile she was riding on struck a large rock.
Kristine Guest, of West Hartford, was sitting behind 20-year-old Joshua Rau, of Emmaus, Penn., at approximately 4:45 a.m. in the upstate New York town of Brighton.
A detail of uniformed state troopers, Bureau of Criminal Investigation Personnel, New York State Enviromental Conservation Police and the Troop “B” Collision Reconstruction Unit responded to the scene as well as fire and rescue personnel.
Rau is believed to have been operating the snowmobile when the vehicle struck the portion of land known as Peter’s Rock, ejecting both Guest and Rau.
Both were found deceased at the scene.
Funeral announcments have been made. Visiting hours will be at the Sheehan-Hilborn-Breen Funeral Home, 1084 New Britain Avenue in
West Hartford Wednesday from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
The Funeral Mass is scheduled for Thursday at St. Peter Claver Church, 47 Pleasant Street in West Hartford.
Student Affairs has arranged transportation for those wishing to attend the Visiting Hours on Wednesday. Those interested in securing university transportation should contact Cheryl Barnard via e-mail at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday at 5:00pm.