- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
DEVELOPING STORY: Funeral announcements announced for Kristine Guest
A 20-year-old legal studies major died early Sunday morning after the snowmobile she was riding on struck a large rock.
Kristine Guest, of West Hartford, was sitting behind 20-year-old Joshua Rau, of Emmaus, Penn., at approximately 4:45 a.m. in the upstate New York town of Brighton.
A detail of uniformed state troopers, Bureau of Criminal Investigation Personnel, New York State Enviromental Conservation Police and the Troop “B” Collision Reconstruction Unit responded to the scene as well as fire and rescue personnel.
Rau is believed to have been operating the snowmobile when the vehicle struck the portion of land known as Peter’s Rock, ejecting both Guest and Rau.
Both were found deceased at the scene.
Funeral announcments have been made. Visiting hours will be at the Sheehan-Hilborn-Breen Funeral Home, 1084 New Britain Avenue in
West Hartford Wednesday from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
The Funeral Mass is scheduled for Thursday at St. Peter Claver Church, 47 Pleasant Street in West Hartford.
Student Affairs has arranged transportation for those wishing to attend the Visiting Hours on Wednesday. Those interested in securing university transportation should contact Cheryl Barnard via e-mail at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday at 5:00pm.
Quinnipiac University sent out an e-mail to all faculty/staff and undergraduate students shortly before 3:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon informing the university community of Guest.
The e-mail read:
Dear Quinnipiac University Community:
It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the death of Kristine B. Guest, of West Hartford, Connecticut.