- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
QU hockey will join the ECAC next year
Quinnipiac University’s men’s and women’s hockey teams will join the Eastern College Athletic Conference next year, school officials announced Tuesday.
Quinnipiac will replace the University of Vermont, which is joining Hockey East next season. The conference’s Division I hockey roster includes Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth. Quinnipiac is the first team to join the ECAC Hockey League since Union College joined in 1991.
“Being invited to play ice hockey _ one of our region’s most popular sports _ with some of the most prestigious academic institutions in the world is an honor for all of our students, faculty, staff, alumni and fans,” said Jack McDonald, the school’s athletic director.
The Bobcats, who have posted eight consecutive winning seasons, will begin competing in the conference in the 2005-2006 season.