- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
- Poppin’ fall films
- Serena’s struggle with sexism
- Local Hot Spot: Roost
- AJR burned Fall Fest down
- Flint takes the stage
QU hockey will join the ECAC next year
Quinnipiac University’s men’s and women’s hockey teams will join the Eastern College Athletic Conference next year, school officials announced Tuesday.
Quinnipiac will replace the University of Vermont, which is joining Hockey East next season. The conference’s Division I hockey roster includes Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth. Quinnipiac is the first team to join the ECAC Hockey League since Union College joined in 1991.
“Being invited to play ice hockey _ one of our region’s most popular sports _ with some of the most prestigious academic institutions in the world is an honor for all of our students, faculty, staff, alumni and fans,” said Jack McDonald, the school’s athletic director.
The Bobcats, who have posted eight consecutive winning seasons, will begin competing in the conference in the 2005-2006 season.