- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
Robin and Martin lead the track team
Quinnipiac’s Thomas Martin and Carolyn Robin had supurb showings at the Husky Spring Open held at Northeastern University last Saturday. Martin was first in the men’s 5,000-meter run (15:32.89) and second in the 3,000-meter steeplechase (9:45.34), while Robin won the women’s 10,000-meter run with a time of 40:05.72.
Jeffrey Roginielewicz (32:35.22), Tim Moylan (33:52.11), and Richard Heffron (33:57.42) finished second, third, and fourth in the men’s 10,000-meter run, while Anthony Mio (9:53.19) and Peter Pollard (10:02.65) finished third and fourth respectively behind Martin in the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
Greg Brink was also seventh in the 1,500-meter run in 4:11.83, followed by Greg Toomey in ninth (4:13.21). Brink also finished tenth in the 5,000-meter run in 15:55.09, while Pollard (2:01.81) was tenth in the 800-meters and Mark Driscoll followed his teammates in the 10,000 with a 34:21.36 finish.
The women’s team, led by Robin in the 10,000, also took honors in the 5,000-meter run with Katie Gwyther, who finished in 19:00.58. Danielle Green (12:23.26) was fourth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase. Sarah DeFreitas and Jamie Scholl followed Gwyther across the line in the 5,000 finishing tenth and eighteenth, with times of 20:0.69 and 21:56.28 respectively. Julianne Foito also finished twenty-first in the 800-meters with a time of 2:35.80.
The Bobcats return to action at the UConn Invitational in Storrs, Conn. on April 5.