- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
MacIlvane NEC rookie of the week
Quinnipiac freshman Kevin MacIlvane was named the Northeast Conference Baseball Rookie of the Week for the week ending March 30, as announced by the league office on Monday afternoon.
MacIlvane’s clutch hits helped Quinnipiac to its first doubleheader sweep in NEC play since the 2000 season as the Bobcats took both games of a double-header from Sacred Heart on Saturday.
The Manchester, Conn. native batted .667 (4-for-6) in three games last week, with two doubles, four runs scored and one RBI.
With Quinnipiac trailing 2-1 in the bottom of the seventh in game one against the Pioneers, MacIlvane hit a one-out pinch single and later scored the game-winning run. In the nightcap, MacIlvane stroked two hits in three at-bats, including a two-out single in the bottom of the sixth that served to ignite a four-run rally and scored to snap a 4-4 tie and lead the Bobcats to an 8-4 victory. Earlier in the week, he smacked an RBI double in a 15-9 setback to UConn.
MacIlvane is batting .345 and has not made an error in 41 chances so far this season.
The Bobcats return to action on Tuesday, April 1, when they travel to West Hartford, Conn., to take on Hartford at 3:00 p.m.