- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
MacIlvane NEC rookie of the week
Quinnipiac freshman Kevin MacIlvane was named the Northeast Conference Baseball Rookie of the Week for the week ending March 30, as announced by the league office on Monday afternoon.
MacIlvane’s clutch hits helped Quinnipiac to its first doubleheader sweep in NEC play since the 2000 season as the Bobcats took both games of a double-header from Sacred Heart on Saturday.
The Manchester, Conn. native batted .667 (4-for-6) in three games last week, with two doubles, four runs scored and one RBI.
With Quinnipiac trailing 2-1 in the bottom of the seventh in game one against the Pioneers, MacIlvane hit a one-out pinch single and later scored the game-winning run. In the nightcap, MacIlvane stroked two hits in three at-bats, including a two-out single in the bottom of the sixth that served to ignite a four-run rally and scored to snap a 4-4 tie and lead the Bobcats to an 8-4 victory. Earlier in the week, he smacked an RBI double in a 15-9 setback to UConn.
MacIlvane is batting .345 and has not made an error in 41 chances so far this season.
The Bobcats return to action on Tuesday, April 1, when they travel to West Hartford, Conn., to take on Hartford at 3:00 p.m.