- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Drexel in final game of Holiday Showcase
AXO holds annual formal
On Saturday, March 15, 2003 Quinnipiac’s chapter of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority held a formal for its members.
The formal was held at Amarante’s Sea Cliff, a banquet facility located in New Haven, right on the water.
According to Gina Carfi, a sophomore member of Alpha Chi, the majority of the sisters attended, as well as the Greek Advisor and Chapter Advisor.
Each of the sisters was able to bring a date. Everyone who attended dressed in formal wear. “It was almost like a prom”, says Carfi. “Everyone dresses up in really formal dresses and the boys look handsome.”
Attendees took buses to the formal. Once at the event, dinner was served. The guests were able to choose between a chicken, beef, or vegetarian meal. The meal was followed by music and dancing.
The event was held in order for the sorority to celebrate the past year they’ve had. It also allowed new members to feel like a part of the sorority and get aquainted with other members.
For seniors, it was an opportunity to form their last memories of the sorority before graduating.
Carfi, a part of the Chapter Relations and Standards Board within the sorority said, “I really enjoyed being with my friends and just being able to have a good time around the people that mean the most to me.”