- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
Softball sweeps Yale
The Bobcats softball team swept Yale last weekend in their home double header. With a combined 23 hits on the day, Quinnipiac defeated the Bulldogs 10-6 in the first game and 4-2 in the second. The victories improved the Bobcats record to 10-4 overall.
Yale started the first game strong, scoring two runs in the first inning. The Bulldogs added another tally in the second to lead 3-1 before senior Jessica Petri hit a homerun for the Bobcats to drive in freshman Brandi Simon to tie the game.
Pitcher Kim Norman(2-1) also homered in the fifth while Jill Cimminello was batted in by Petri in the sixth to score the final runs of the first game.
Norman got the win for the Bobcats while Melissa Reynolds picked up the save from the mound.
The second game was a comeback win for the Bobcats as well. Yale started off quick once again in the first, but the lead was short lived thanks to senior Elizabeth Moriarty, who hit a three-run homer in the second.
Reynolds (4-1) picked up the win on the mound for Quinnipiac, striking out five, walking two, and allowing only three hits.