- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Quinnipiac set to take on UConn in MSG on March 1
On Sat., March 1, the Quinnipiac Bobcats men’s hockey team will be taking on the Huskies from the University of Connecticut in one of the most famous arenas in the United States, Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The contest marks the final game in the second annual “Heroes Hat” series between the two schools.
Quinnipiac established the “Heroes Hat” award last season to honor those who lost their lives on Sept. 11. The “Heroes Hat” remembers firefighter Joseph Mascali (FDNY/Staten Island 5), father of Quinnipiac students Jenn and Chris Mascali, and Amy Jarrett, a flight attendant on United Flight 175, sister of UConn player Matt Jarrett.
The Quinnipiac/UConn game marks the first Division I hockey game played in Madison Square Garden since 1977.
Quinnipiac leads the series this season 1-0 after defeating UConn 7-4 on Nov. 1 at the UConn Ice Arena.
Tickets will be available at Quinnipiac, UConn, and Madison Square Garden. All seats will be general admission, with tickets available in advance or at the door. In advance, tickets will be sold at the Quinnipiac ticket counter at a charge of $5 for students and $10 for faculty and alumni. At Madison Square Garden tickets range from $7 for students to $25 for adults.
Quinnipiac is also providing bus transportation for ticket holders that will be free of charge.
More information about ticket sales is available at quinnipiacbobcats.com.