- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Quinnipiac set to take on UConn in MSG on March 1
On Sat., March 1, the Quinnipiac Bobcats men’s hockey team will be taking on the Huskies from the University of Connecticut in one of the most famous arenas in the United States, Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The contest marks the final game in the second annual “Heroes Hat” series between the two schools.
Quinnipiac established the “Heroes Hat” award last season to honor those who lost their lives on Sept. 11. The “Heroes Hat” remembers firefighter Joseph Mascali (FDNY/Staten Island 5), father of Quinnipiac students Jenn and Chris Mascali, and Amy Jarrett, a flight attendant on United Flight 175, sister of UConn player Matt Jarrett.
The Quinnipiac/UConn game marks the first Division I hockey game played in Madison Square Garden since 1977.
Quinnipiac leads the series this season 1-0 after defeating UConn 7-4 on Nov. 1 at the UConn Ice Arena.
Tickets will be available at Quinnipiac, UConn, and Madison Square Garden. All seats will be general admission, with tickets available in advance or at the door. In advance, tickets will be sold at the Quinnipiac ticket counter at a charge of $5 for students and $10 for faculty and alumni. At Madison Square Garden tickets range from $7 for students to $25 for adults.
Quinnipiac is also providing bus transportation for ticket holders that will be free of charge.
More information about ticket sales is available at quinnipiacbobcats.com.