- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
New face at Quinnipiac
On March 3, Daniel Brown will become the new Assistant Director of the Carl Hansen Student Center and Student Leadership Development.
Brown comes to Quinnipiac from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, where he has spent the majority of his college and working career.
Brown graduated from Texas Tech with an undergraduate degree in restaurant and hotel management. He went on to obtain his masters degree in higher education.
Brown will be leaving his current position as Coordinator of Community Service Programs. Brown has held this position for the past four years.
“The position I currently hold is similar in some ways to my new position at Quinnipiac,” said Brown. “I work directly with students and provide support to student government and other student organizations.”
Although Brown has been a resident of Texas his entire life, he does not anticipate any problem adapting to his new environment.
“When I started my job search, it was a coincidence that all of the schools I was looking at were in the East,” he said. “I wasn’t concerned about the location. I was more concerned about finding the right position to fit my needs.”
Brown feels he made the right choice in choosing Quinnipiac.
He said he is ready for a change, and is very excited about his new position. He also likes the idea of working at a smaller school with different students in a different environment.
“I was very impressed with the students I met when I came out for my interview, as well as the people I would be working with,” he said. “The more I learned about the school and the position, I knew Quinnipiac was exactly what I was looking for.”
Brown is taking the position previously held by Hope Zettwoch, who served as Assistant Director for the fall 2002 semester.
“We are very excited about Daniel,” said Kerstin Soderlund, director of the Student Center.
Brown will be responsible for providing primary supervision and direction of the Student Center, as well as supporting leadership development programs, student government and student organizations.