- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Kelly honored for fifth time
Junior center Ashlee Kelly was named the Northeast Conference’s Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for week ending February 16, as announced by the league office on Monday afternoon. Kelly led the Bobcats to two conference wins, while helping the team clinch a spot in the Northeast Conference Tournament.
Kelly, who earned league honors for the fifth time out of 12 weeks, is the only repeat Player of the Week winner so far this season.
The Pittsburgh, Pa., native averaged 22.5 points and 12.5 rebounds while shooting .708 (17-24) from the floor and .846 (11-13) from the charity stripe in wins over Mount St. Mary’s (77-71) and Wagner (72-64). She started the week with a career-high 33 points (11-16 FG, 11-13 FT), 15 rebounds and two assists versus the Mount and then recorded her league-leading 16th double-double of the year with 12 points and 10 rebounds against the Seahawks.
Kelly currently ranks second in the nation in rebounding (12.5 rpg), second in the NEC and 16th in the nation in field goal percentage (.589) and fourth in the league in scoring (16.5 ppg).