- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Kelly honored for fifth time
Junior center Ashlee Kelly was named the Northeast Conference’s Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for week ending February 16, as announced by the league office on Monday afternoon. Kelly led the Bobcats to two conference wins, while helping the team clinch a spot in the Northeast Conference Tournament.
Kelly, who earned league honors for the fifth time out of 12 weeks, is the only repeat Player of the Week winner so far this season.
The Pittsburgh, Pa., native averaged 22.5 points and 12.5 rebounds while shooting .708 (17-24) from the floor and .846 (11-13) from the charity stripe in wins over Mount St. Mary’s (77-71) and Wagner (72-64). She started the week with a career-high 33 points (11-16 FG, 11-13 FT), 15 rebounds and two assists versus the Mount and then recorded her league-leading 16th double-double of the year with 12 points and 10 rebounds against the Seahawks.
Kelly currently ranks second in the nation in rebounding (12.5 rpg), second in the NEC and 16th in the nation in field goal percentage (.589) and fourth in the league in scoring (16.5 ppg).