- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
Future teachers work hard towards career goals
The Future Teacher Organization is a student-run organization for education students, whose goal is to provide encouragement, support, and a sense of fun to the whole education process.
Anyone that has any interest is welcome to join, even if they are not an education major.
The organization is affiliated with the Connecticut Education Association (CEA), which hopes to lend its support and provide resources to its education students.
The goals of this club are to “provide resources such as conferences, service projects, and networking in order to benefit the future teachers of our school,” said member Rebecca Olsen.
Olsen hopes that the members of the Future Teacher Organization feel a sense of encouragement, support, and enjoyment.
The group feels strongly that involving a lot of members in their programs helps to strengthen, unify, and confer a sense of self-satisfaction to its members.
Twice a week, the Future Teacher Organization tutors kids at the North Haven Middle School in the afternoons. The members make a difference in the students’ lives, and share a sense of pride in the work that they do.
Upcoming events include a workshop about interview and resume writing on February 24th. On March 8th, the club will be holding another workshop for classroom management. On March 2nd, during “Read Across America Day”, they will read to students at the Helen Street Elementary School.
The organization plans on having many more upcoming events. If you would like to be a part of this organization, or for further information, e-mail Rebecca.Olsen@quinnipiac.edu.