- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
- Spreading the Word to End the Word
- Tom Moore fired as men’s basketball head coach after 10 seasons
Athletic Hall of Fame inducts new members in 2003
The Quinnipiac Alumni Association will induct seven former athletes and two teams into the Quinnipiac University Athletic Hall of Fame during a special dinner ceremony on February 7, 2003.
The Hall of Fame Class of 2003 inductees include: Lester Ayala, ’92, men’s basketball; Richard Ciardiello, ’87, men’s ice hockey; RoseMary DeGrand, first female administrator and coach, women’s tennis and athletic administration; Dennis Flanagan, ’72, men’s soccer; Joyce Furman, ’85, women’s basketball; Boyd Johnson, ’91, men’s basketball; Frank Trasacco, ’84, baseball; 1972-73 men’s basketball team, and 1965 men’s soccer team.
The 2003 inductees will bring the QU Hall of Fame to 92 members and two teams. Portraits of the new members will hang in the new and expanded athletic center lobby.
Information obtained from www.quinnipiacbobcats.com