- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
SPB makes weekend plans
What is happening this weekend? Ask the student programming board! The Student Programming Board is viewed as the main programming entity on campus. It is responsible for providing activities on the weekends and making sure that there is always an event.
The executive board consists of twelve students, including Vice President of Programming Erin Giroux. The remaining eleven members are in charge of a specific aspect of the committee and take responsibility for providing entertainment according to their position.
Giroux is the student leader of the organization and is also a part of the five person board of the Student Government Association.
Up to one hundred students attended the first two meetings of the SGA and were willing to share their ideas.
“I love being a part of SPB, because it is such a great organization,” said member Shayla Sadowsky. “It is a lot of fun to help bring ideas to the chairpeople of programs we would like to see at QU.”
Programs from the SPB include comedians, movies, concerts, special guests, speakers and trips. While some events or trips require a ticket or a fee, the majority of the events are free for students to attend.
Giroux said that activities are run by the students, for the students, to ensure that they are appealing, and she said SPB tries hard to incorporate everyone’s needs on campus, so that there is always something new to experience.