- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
Alpha Chi Omega raises $5,000
Supporting their national philanthropy to fight domestic violence, Alpha Chi Omega raised $5,000 in donations for the Domestic Violence Chapter of New Haven.
“It was double what it was last year, which is amazing. We really got ambitious about it this year,” said Abbey Smith, philanthropy chairperson.
Community members, neighborhood businesses, family and friends contributed donations and gifts to help the cause.
Alpha Chi’s annual Frisbee Fling was the main fundraising event, which brought in donationsand more than $680 in gifts.
Laurel Thoms, vice president of communication and Frisbee Fling referee said the fling was a lot of fun.
“The players were really excited about it and everyone had a good time,” she said.
“It’s just nice to know we can do something to help [victims] get through this hard time,” said Jennifer Segreto, president of Alpha Chi Omega.
The donations were presented to the Domestic Violence Chapter of New Haven on Oct. 10.