- United We Stand
- University holds infectious disease training
- Tricks and treats: 5 easy recipes for Halloween
- Greatness on the green
- Ebola not likely to reach the university
- Medical director: Ebola protocol in place
- Uber taxi banned on campus
- Women’s ice hockey downs Maine
- Quinnipiac Athletics Hall of Fame inducts Class of 2014
- University to promote online safety
Yankees vs. Red Sox: Ongoing battle at Quinnipiac
The weather might be inconsistent at Quinnipiac, but no matter how hot or cold it gets, it’s hard to walk anywhere on campus without seeing a baseball fan sporting Boston red or Yankee blue. Such open declarations of team unity help make the Yankees vs. Red Sox one of the most passionate rivalries in sports.
“I’ve worn a Yankee hat almost every day of my life,” said Sean Bates, a freshman marketing major from Syosset, N.Y. “I was raised a religious Yankee fan by my father.”
Parental guidance has always played a strong role in keeping the rivalry between Boston and New York fresh. For most Yankee or Red Sox fans, there’s at least one parent or relative recanting the good times and the dark days of each franchise.