- Public Safety promotes Rave Guardian app
- Wreck: Naughty Bobcats on social media
- SPB to co-sponsor rideATAXIA+, takes over for Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Making history
- Scout player to superstar
- Shuttle change affects Hamden businesses
- Sig Ep silent
- Student hit by car in South Lot
- Pi Kappa Phi and Phi Sigma Sigma volley for philanthropy
- QU orders Sigma Phi Epsilon to cease and desist
Yankees vs. Red Sox: Ongoing battle at Quinnipiac
The weather might be inconsistent at Quinnipiac, but no matter how hot or cold it gets, it’s hard to walk anywhere on campus without seeing a baseball fan sporting Boston red or Yankee blue. Such open declarations of team unity help make the Yankees vs. Red Sox one of the most passionate rivalries in sports.
“I’ve worn a Yankee hat almost every day of my life,” said Sean Bates, a freshman marketing major from Syosset, N.Y. “I was raised a religious Yankee fan by my father.”
Parental guidance has always played a strong role in keeping the rivalry between Boston and New York fresh. For most Yankee or Red Sox fans, there’s at least one parent or relative recanting the good times and the dark days of each franchise.