- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
Yankees vs. Red Sox: Ongoing battle at Quinnipiac
The weather might be inconsistent at Quinnipiac, but no matter how hot or cold it gets, it’s hard to walk anywhere on campus without seeing a baseball fan sporting Boston red or Yankee blue. Such open declarations of team unity help make the Yankees vs. Red Sox one of the most passionate rivalries in sports.
“I’ve worn a Yankee hat almost every day of my life,” said Sean Bates, a freshman marketing major from Syosset, N.Y. “I was raised a religious Yankee fan by my father.”
Parental guidance has always played a strong role in keeping the rivalry between Boston and New York fresh. For most Yankee or Red Sox fans, there’s at least one parent or relative recanting the good times and the dark days of each franchise.