- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
- Poppin’ fall films
- Serena’s struggle with sexism
- Local Hot Spot: Roost
- AJR burned Fall Fest down
- Flint takes the stage
Yankees vs. Red Sox: Ongoing battle at Quinnipiac
The weather might be inconsistent at Quinnipiac, but no matter how hot or cold it gets, it’s hard to walk anywhere on campus without seeing a baseball fan sporting Boston red or Yankee blue. Such open declarations of team unity help make the Yankees vs. Red Sox one of the most passionate rivalries in sports.
“I’ve worn a Yankee hat almost every day of my life,” said Sean Bates, a freshman marketing major from Syosset, N.Y. “I was raised a religious Yankee fan by my father.”
Parental guidance has always played a strong role in keeping the rivalry between Boston and New York fresh. For most Yankee or Red Sox fans, there’s at least one parent or relative recanting the good times and the dark days of each franchise.