- Softball shuts out Sacred Heart in win
- Fetty finally came our way
- Baseball defeats Massachusetts 7-0
- Chartwells donates to QU301 service trip
- Beta Theta Pi raises $3,300 for Cancer Research
- Quinnipiac’s Relay for Life paints the campus purple
- 3+1 Communications program to start Fall 2016
- May weekend: A history
- Women’s golf wins MAAC, advances to national tournament
- Shameal’s wheels
Yankees vs. Red Sox: Ongoing battle at Quinnipiac
The weather might be inconsistent at Quinnipiac, but no matter how hot or cold it gets, it’s hard to walk anywhere on campus without seeing a baseball fan sporting Boston red or Yankee blue. Such open declarations of team unity help make the Yankees vs. Red Sox one of the most passionate rivalries in sports.
“I’ve worn a Yankee hat almost every day of my life,” said Sean Bates, a freshman marketing major from Syosset, N.Y. “I was raised a religious Yankee fan by my father.”
Parental guidance has always played a strong role in keeping the rivalry between Boston and New York fresh. For most Yankee or Red Sox fans, there’s at least one parent or relative recanting the good times and the dark days of each franchise.