- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Foreign film ‘Amelie’ to win the hearts of many
“Amelie” is a delightful French film with English subtitles. This year it was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Foreign Language Film and Best Original Screenplay.
Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s credits include international hit “Delicatessen” and the critically acclaimed film “La Cite des Enfants Perdus.”
Audrey Tautuo plays the lead role of Amelie, a naive French waitress who finds a small mysterious tin treasure.
The treasure leads her through an enchanting voyage to return it to its rightful owner. Inspired to make others’ lives better, she continues through a colorful journey while magically transforming other people’s lives for the better.
The characters are very unique and humorous, adding delight and charm to the film. Amelie’s only dilemma is if she will be able to better her life and get the attention of the man she loves.
The petite young woman is a true miracle worker for others as she magically transforms their lives one by one.
This refreshing film leaves audiences with a more compassionate outlook on life and rekindles the innocence of the human spirit.