- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
- Men’s soccer beats Monmouth for fifth straight MAAC win
FadeIn views variety of films
If you have ever been interested in watching movies and getting praise for it, then FadeIn has what you’re looking for.
FadeIn is the film club here at Quinnipiac. The club’s goal is to inform students of the various types and genres of movies.
This is done to persuade and encourage aspiring filmmakers, actors and fans of films, and to broaden their horizons.
Many people have exhibited student’s works here at Quinnipiac and independent filmmakers come to showcase their pieces at FadeIn sponsored events.
“There are a lot of different kinds of movies we watch,” said junior John Miller, a member of the club. “All you have to do is keep an open mind, and you can see a lot of good movies.”
FadeIn regularly screens a variety of films. The club views independent films, classic films and foreign films.
They also work to provide a forum for the movies created by students and faculty.
“It is a good time, and you get to do a lot of fun stuff with it,” said Miller.
Group members also take trips to museums, theaters, and cultural centers in Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts.
If you are interested in joining, FadeIn holds two meetings per month on Wednesdays in the School of Business, room 111 at 4:15 p.m.
The films are shown the night of the meeting at 10 p.m. in the School of Communications’ screening room.
For more information, call x8339.