- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Alpha Kappa Psi: New professional business fraternity on campus
Alpha Kappa Psi, the new professional business fraternity, had its national chartering on April 13.
The main goals of the organization are to educate students about business and to integrate them into the business professional world. Although Alpha Kappa Psi is not a social fraternity, they plan on contributing to Quinnipiac and the community in many ways.
The fraternity plans on having numerous guest speakers come to the university within the next year to introduce students to the cooperate side of business.
One guest speaker that they are hoping to have is Bill Weldon, CEO of Johnson & Johnson. Weldon serves as a great aspiration for business students and members of Alpha Kappa Psi.
Members of Alpha Kappa Psi do not have have a business major or minor. Instead, the only requirement is to have an interest in business. Once a member of Alpha Kappa Psi, students are asked to keep a fairly high GPA and dress business casual to the events.
According to Mark Doan, chairman of Public Relations and Marketing, Alpha Kappa Psi teaches its members morals and ethics that can be taken into the business world. It is an organization that takes pride in instilling professional qualities in their members, so they will be successful upon graduation from Quinnipiac.
Students that hold office in Alpha Kappa Psi include Michael Parisi (President), Jillian Banning (Historian), Ryan Hogan (Chairman of Professional Events), John Rian (Chairman of Finance), and Dan Mirandi (Chairman of Social Programs).
Meetings for the organization are held weekly and are open to the public.