- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
- Men’s soccer beats Monmouth for fifth straight MAAC win
Wake the Giant with Open Mic Night
WQAQ’s annual Open Mic Night on Feb. 23 is looking once again to “Wake the Giant” with a wide variety of musical styles, comedy, and cash prizes.
According to Ryan Jones, music director for WQAQ the event always has an extremely diverse range of musical styles every year, and he does not want people to think of it as a traditional heavy metal “battle of the bands.”
In the past musical styles have ranged from solo vocalists to hard rock with everything in between.
Jones recommends WQAQ’s Open Mic Night as, “The best showcase of talent that Quinnipiac has.”
The night will be hosted by New York comedian David Russo.
WQAQ is offering $600 in cash prizes, $300 for first prize, $200 for second and $100 for third.
The prizes will be awarded after a judging by a panel of alumni and faculty who have experience in the music industry.
WQAQ will also be giving out door prizes including free food, posters and CDs.
The contest will take place in Alumni Hall. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
The event starts at 6:30 p.m. and is free to students who present a Quinnipiac ID card. There is a $2 charge for non-students.
For more information on Open Mic Night or an entry form for your band visit www.wqaqradio.com or call 582-5278.