- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Villa Pizza wins ‘best of the best’ in Hamden
Villa Pizza was awarded the “Best of the Best” Hamden Pizza Contest Award at the “Best of the Best” contest on Friday night.
Vincent Carannante and Carmine Capuano opened Villa pizza in Nov. 2001.
Carannante is a senior at Quinnipiac University where he plays soccer.
Capuano is the pizza maker at the restaurant. Capuano is orginally from Italy. His hometown is close to the town that invented pizza.
The restaurant has many employees, but there are no more then 30 people working at a time.
Villa pizza offers a variety of Italian foods. Some of their most called for items are steak and cheese, chicken parmesan, specialty pizza, and their own buffalo wings.
The most popular meal among college students is the Party Size Super Giant Pizza. This three- foot-long pizza can feed four to five people.
The restaurant is open from Thursday through Saturday from 11 a.m.to 2 p.m. and Sunday through Wednesday from 11 a.m.to 11 p.m.
To order the “best” pizza in town just call 288-1700. Villa Pizza accepts Q-Card.