- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves down to .500 in MAAC play with 75-72 loss to Niagara
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
SGA continues to meet goals
On Saturday, Oct. 27 the Student Government had its annual community service event. Students visited The Stepping Stone Transitional Housing Program, which provides housing for 18 homeless families for up to two years. At the program, a Harvest Festival was held to bring the community together. SGA helped with the activities, food and set up.
Within the next few weeks Student Government will have Chief of Security John Twining and Assistant Director of Administrative Services, Bob Rickert come and talk about issues within their department.
Campus issues that the Student Government will be dealing include a number of concerns regarding security such as commuter parking, Sunday security and safety in the carpool lanes and on the shuttle service.
The SGA is also working on getting a list of senior housing to help juniors find housing easier next year.
They are also trying to put ashtrays on the walkway to Pine Grove and get better lighting in the Pine Grove classrooms.
Furthermore, the students who make up SGA are handling various issues with the cafeteria such as increased prices, the Freshens, and the number system, which will allow students to obtain a number and receive service when that number is called as opposed to standing in line.
In addition, the Au Bon Pain section should be ready sometime after Thanksgiving or by next semester at the latest.
If you have campus issues let SGA know. Come to meetings on Wednesdays at 4:15 p.m. in SC 207 or stop by the Student Government office, located in SC 212.