- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
SGA continues to meet goals
On Saturday, Oct. 27 the Student Government had its annual community service event. Students visited The Stepping Stone Transitional Housing Program, which provides housing for 18 homeless families for up to two years. At the program, a Harvest Festival was held to bring the community together. SGA helped with the activities, food and set up.
Within the next few weeks Student Government will have Chief of Security John Twining and Assistant Director of Administrative Services, Bob Rickert come and talk about issues within their department.
Campus issues that the Student Government will be dealing include a number of concerns regarding security such as commuter parking, Sunday security and safety in the carpool lanes and on the shuttle service.
The SGA is also working on getting a list of senior housing to help juniors find housing easier next year.
They are also trying to put ashtrays on the walkway to Pine Grove and get better lighting in the Pine Grove classrooms.
Furthermore, the students who make up SGA are handling various issues with the cafeteria such as increased prices, the Freshens, and the number system, which will allow students to obtain a number and receive service when that number is called as opposed to standing in line.
In addition, the Au Bon Pain section should be ready sometime after Thanksgiving or by next semester at the latest.
If you have campus issues let SGA know. Come to meetings on Wednesdays at 4:15 p.m. in SC 207 or stop by the Student Government office, located in SC 212.