- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
CAP lends a helping hand
With Thanksgiving just around the corner the members of the Community Action Project (CAP) are working to help those who might be experiencing hunger and hopelessness.
On Nov. 12, the Hunger Committee of CAP will be sponsoring, “Lend a Helping Hand for Hunger: A Night of Community Service.”
The event will be held in honor of National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. The program begins at 5 p.m. in SC207. Students will visit local food pantries and soup kitchens. A light dinner will be served for those who wish to get involved.
CAP and the Christian Community Action of New Haven will also be organizing a turkey drive from Nov. 12 through Nov. 15.
The goal of the drive is to aid those who will be enduring the holiday seasons without food and/or shelter. Students who wish to show support for these less fortunate people can give turkey, non-perishable foods, or monetary donations to a table which will be set up by the organization in the student center.
Other greatly needed foods include stuffing, potatoes, yams, rice, vegetables, fruits, cereal, canned meats, coffee, beans, and concentrated juice.
With the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, students will be planning on going home. Therefore they will need to clear their dorm rooms and apartments of any food that will not be used. This food can be given to those who are in need.
“By just donating a canned good or non-perishable item, the whole campus is able to get involved in community service,” said Katie Pataska, co-chair of hunger for the organization.
For questions regarding CAP’s upcoming events contact x 8352.