- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Pre-May Weekend activities set the mood
On Friday April 20, Quinnipiac students were treated to a variety of activities in the Complex Courtyard. Included in the afternoon’s festivities were a “Dunk the RA” tank, free ice cream courtesy of Kelly’s Kone Konnection, and a performance by comedian Marty Putz. Sophomore Brad Weiner was in attendance and enjoyed the day’s activities.
“I had just finished getting destroyed in softball and needed a break,” said Weiner. “All the stuff at the Complex was a nice way to get my mind off the loss.”
Not everyone was pleased. Freshman Chris Pacali was disappointed that he missed out on a chance to send his RA, Colin Macdonald, into a vat of cold water.
“My basketball game ran late,” said Pacali. “By the time I got there, I missed my chance to dunk Colin. Man, I would’ve even paid money for that chance.”
The performance by Marty Putz, which included fun with marshmallows and crass jokes tailor made for a college audience, was something that the crowd of over 100 enjoyed. Sophomore Jason Bisogni called it, “the funniest hour of his life.”
“He was hysterical,” said Bisogni. “I had to run back to Dana to avoid urinating in my pants!”
With May Weekend right around the corner, the day’s festivities were a perfect precursor.