- My QU 301 experience in the DR
- Students to attend World Summit
- Enterprise on the rise
- Women’s ice hockey preps for Hockey East foes
- Women’s basketball wins sixth straight over Manhattan
- Men’s basketball falls to Rider
- McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
- University reaches settlement in Americans with Disabilities case
- Saint Peter’s halts men’s basketball’s three-game winning streak
- Rock bottom
Some do’s and don’t's to keep in mind this Valentine’s Day
For the cheap date- Gift’s $10 and under
1. The Kissing Bears from Hallmark- These cuddly critters are so cute! They can kiss and hold hands. The best part is that they are buy one get one free with the purchase of any Hallmark card! That’s two bears for $2.95!
2.The Bath and Body Works Raspberry Truffle Heart-shaped candle- This one smells great, just like candy! Trust me, my dog tries to jump up on my desk everytime i burn it! And it’s only $10.
3. Take you valentine out for coffee and pastry at a cute little cafe like Brewed Awakenings. The intimate setting should work wonders.
4. Can’t afford roses? No problem. Carnations are a lovely, sweet-smelling alternative. Pink, White or red will do!
5. Burn a mix CD of his or her favorite love songs. The blank disc costs about $.25, and you’ll have to pay Napster’s monthly fee!
6. Send him/her a big bunch of balloons at work or at home!
7. Russel Stover’s candies should it the spot if your Val pal has a sweet tooth! You can even get a cute box with Snoopy, Taz or a singing Elvis Presley!
8. Write a poem and read it to him or her!
9. A framed picture of the two of you snuggling is always a cute idea. Make sure to put it in a pretty frame with lots of pink and red hearts!
10. Yourself in a red bow!
Money is no object!
1. A night at a bed and breakfast – It’s a nice getaway from the monotony. The best part is that you get to wake up together.
2. Tickets to a Broadway play – Phantom of the Opera or Les Miz are always great choices. Then spend the rest of the day in New York City. Take a romantic ride in a horse drawn carriage through Central park.
3. A day at the spa – For men and women alike! Everyone could use a little massage. Facials are great too!
4. Victoria’s Secret lingerie – Let your Valentine sparkle in the Diamond bra, if you have a million dollars or pick her up a cute teddy.
5. Go ballroom dancing – Women really like this one. We love to dance! Plus it gives you an excuse to get dressed up in your fancy clothes!
6. Jewelry – No, not from KMart! Where talking Tiffany’s! Diamonds, bracelet, chains, etc. Jewelry is always a good idea!
7. A gift certificate to Bath and Body Works – We all love to pamper ourselves. Bath and Body Works sells gifts for men and women. There’s the aromatherapy line, all types of massage products (wink, wink), the spa line and the latest body scent Passion Flower!
8. Tickets to his or her favorite sporting event – Spring for box seats.
9. How about a pet? Puppies are fun! Fish are simple to take care of!
10. And then there’s always roses! A dozen (or two) of beautiful long-stem roses.