- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
MTV Real World cast members are coming to entertain Quinnipiac students
MTV became the pioneers of reality-based television shows with its”Ten Spot” hit, The Real World.
For years, casts of seven people have been chosen to live in some of America’s best cities like Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, Miami and most recently, New Orleans.
The creators of the show, Mary-Ellis Bunim and Jonathan Murray, also created the well-known, catchy tag for the show: “This is the true story of seven strangers picked to live in a house and have their lives taped to show what happens when people stop being polite and start getting REAL.”
On Saturday, Feb. 3, The Real World is coming to Quinnipiac. New Orleans cast members Julie Stoffer and Danny Roberts, along with Puck from the San Francisco cast, will reveal the truth about what really happens on The Real World. They will discuss the real issues that no one sees in the weekly half-hour show.
The event is sponsored by the Social Programming Board and G.L.A.S.S. and will be held in Burt Kahn Gym, Athletic Center at 8 p.m.
In the meantime, those who may be interested in becoming part of the next cast can call The Real World Hotline at (818) 754-5790 or check out the Bunim/Murray Productions website at www.bunim-murray.com. The website has all the latest information on applying, the deadlines for next season, and where to send the application.
Also, MTV home video has released two new Real World videos: “The Real World Greatest Fights” and “The Real World You Never Saw” for the New Orleans show. These videos have hilarious footage of some moments that the cast would have liked to forget.
For those who would rather read about it, MTV has also published a book titled The Real World New Orleans Unmasked” written by Alison Pollet.
The book features in-depth bios of cast members and personal insights of their experiences. There is also a section highlighting The Real World Hawaii cast, as well as a bonus Real World Reunion Photo Album.
Don’t miss The Real World’s Julie, Danny and Puck at Quinnipiac on Feb. 3!